Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thankful Challenge, Day 14

14. "My" Students. Being a pastor is a lot like being a dad...Daniel is always concerned for the spiritual growth and needs of his flock, and the concern never goes away. Likewise, being a pastor's wife is a lot like being a mom; I have a strong need to nurture and feed my girls, even those who are not specifically under my care. Letting go is nearly impossible. If my girls have a need, I want to fill it. If they have a hurt, I want to fix it. If they experience a joy, I want to celebrate it. I love them with all of my heart. The most incredible thing about the past 5 or 6 years is that they have developed into friends. They bless me more often then I bless them, and when they are walking with the Lord my joy is complete. I will never stop praising God for the groups of girls He has given me.

No comments: