Sunday, November 14, 2010

2 Loves

I watched the movie The Last Song tonight. Rather than rant to you how much I generally do not like Nicholas Sparks movies, or debate Miley Cirus's ability to take her sitcom skills to the big screen and move past her Hannah Montana persona, I want to share the lyrics from the song at the end.

In case you are super behind on movies, like me, this movie has 2 concurrent plots: young love with significant obstacles, and dealing with divorce and death. I absolutely sobbed for the last 45 minutes, and I am not a crier generally, especially at movies.


That's When I Look at You:



Everybody needs inspiration
Everybody needs a song
Beautiful melody, when the nights so long

Cause there is no guarantee
That this life is easy

When my world is falling apart,
when there is no light to break up the dark
That’s when I look at you
When the waves are flooding the shore and I
can’t find my way home anymore
That’s when I look at you

When I look at you
I see forgiveness, I see the truth
You love me for who I am
Like the stars hold the moon
Right there where they belong
and I know I’m not alone

****
Read the Bold section again, and feel the depth of trust, the shelter from the storm found in the eyes of the lover.

I have not one but two such loves.

My husband is my shelter from the waves of the world. He loves me, protects me, cherishes me, holds me up. When the waves flood the shore Daniel rescues me, gives me shelter.

I had an issue a couple a weeks ago when I was in a situation that made me uncomfortable. I told Daniel about it, and asked to come with me the next time I had to be there. Of course he did. Later he told me he wasn't sure why he needed to be there. "You were fine," he said, "I didn't do anything but sit there."

Just knowing you were there made everything better, I told him.  
I knew I was safe, protected, not alone.


****
When there's no light to break up the dark, That's when I look at you.

My light in the darkness is Jesus Christ.  When I look at Him I see forgiveness and Truth. He is the only One who knows every single thing I have done, everything about me, and Loves me for exactly who I am. He is the ultimate lover of my soul.

How blessed am I to have two loves.

No comments: