Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Patch, Part 1

I have long heard about Riley's Farm, but while my kids have been several times to pick berries or apples, I had never gone. My new friend Michelle, and her little guy Adam, changed that today, and I am grateful. What a wonderful, beautiful, fantastic place.



The green hillside, dotted with orange pumpkins, proved to be a fantastic place to not only pick a pumpkin but to climb, run, and explore. The kids were just kids today, playing with sticks, in mud, and on a slippery slope. The cold and fog were no barrier, and added to the ambiance.


 Determined to find the perfect pumpkin to carve, Mckenna ended up pulling this one off the vine. What a unique opportunity to experience farm life!


 Less picky, these two wanted pumpkins they could carry!




 My Aunt Laurie, an artist, explained to my kids that orange and blue are opposite each other on a color wheel, and therefore are complimentary colors. That only adds to the other reasons I love this picture.

No comments: