Monday, January 31, 2011

What Love Looks Like

The feelings of Love change and grow, swell and recede, soar and glide.

The choice of Love should always remain steady or grow.

My husband chooses to love; he has taught me again this week what Love Looks Like.


Love looks like sleeping alone in the extra bed so a sick child can sleep with Mom.

Love looks like going to a grocery store everyday while his family is sick to pick up what we need (even if it's ice cream and a movie we need).

Love looks like doing every single load of laundry in the whole house so I can start my week fresh.

Love looks like emptying the dishwasher, loading it, and emptying it again.

Love looks like finding the four warmest blankets in the house and cocooning me in them when I had chills so bad I could not get warm.

Love looks like making hot dogs and chicken nuggets for dinner 4 nights in a row seem fun and adventurous.

Love looks like going to work everyday, coming home at lunch so I can sleep, and then coming home and working hard around the house.

Love looks like worn hands, tired eyes, sore muscles, and long nights.

Love looks like the bluest blue in his eyes that smile at me still.

And Love lives here.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So glad to know you are so fortunate. So happy. As am I.

Allie said...

That is so sweet. You have a wonderful family :)