Saturday, December 25, 2010

Gabe's Christmas

If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it.
Give him a chance.
~Abraham Lincoln 

I strongly desire for my son to be taught how to be a man. There are far too many boys masquerading as men in our world.

I am not the best candidate to teach him. 

Afterall, I am his Mother. His Father is excellent at this job. But I am the one home with my son all day.

Still, I can inspire him to do manly things.

So, in a moment of either sheer genius or insanity, I bought him a bow and arrow for Christmas. 

A real one.  And 2 bales of hay to shoot into.

The look on his face made me 90% sure it was genius, not crazy.

If the cat gets shot, or arrows start flying over the 10 foot wall and into car windows, I reserve the right to change my initial opinion.







 And so a new adventure in becoming a man has begun.

No comments: