Sunday, October 11, 2009

Even my kids have noticed that radio stations play the same songs over and over and over. I have a love/hate relationship with radio stations. I love it when they play Rascal Flatts or Barlow Girls over and over. I hate it when Taylor Swifts teeny bopper songs play incessantly.

You win some you lose some, I guess.

Lately one of the more repetitive songs has been a simple ballad by Keith Urban. The chorus has really struck a chord with me, and in few words says so much about what Dan really means to me. It says,

And you’re always in my heart
You’re always on my mind
When it all becomes too much
You’re never far behind
And there’s no one that comes close to you
Could ever take your place
‘Cause only you can love me this way





I love this photo of him with Jules at the beach on our vacation. He is truly our safe harbor--the strong shelter we run to in life's trials. His strength comes from the Lord, and from years of the discipline of following Jesus. And therefore he can offer that strength to us. When I think of Dan, 1 Corinthians 11:1 comes to mind. Paul says, "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ." I can follow Dan with confidence, assurance, and hope, because he follows Christ.

Besides, he's darn good looking, physically strong, funny and sweet. :o)

No comments: