Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Different Kind of Gift

Yesterday, Saturday, was National Adoption Day. You can read this post of mine to find out why adoption is so dear to my heart. We are still unsure why God has placed adoption on our hearts so strongly, but I know one thing I can do with that passion. For Christmas this year I committed to buying as much as possible in the way of gifts from people who are selling things to raise money for their adoptions.  I will be updating this list of adoption fundraisers as I get more, but I wanted to get it out. Go ahead, click on all the blue links, and see what these inventive parents are doing to bring their kids home!



Art for Adoption is an etsy store created by the Loux family to raise funds for their adoption of a special needs little boy from Ukraine.  I loved this photo--it reminded me of my drive through Kansas with my dad on the way to my first college.
Here's what they say about what they are doing:

All proceeds from the sales of artwork on this storefront will go into our adoption fund!

We are adopting Aiden, a 2 year old from Eastern Europe with Down Syndrome. Help us bring Aiden home! To read more visit our blog.

Give a Christmas gift that will help rescue the life of one precious orphan and bring him into the family that loves him dearly!

Also, their friend is selling some artwork here and for the next month giving her proceeds to the Loux's adoption. I particularly liked this card--it's one of my pastor's favorite verses to reference.


Kari's Kafe  has a long list of goods for sale to raise funds for an adoption from China.
Items include: children’s pajamas, girl’s dresses, purses, blankets. I loved the purses, and there is a green silk dress with a cream bodice in a size 2T that is to die for. Too bad my 2 year old wears a 5T. :o)

Kari describes what she is doing as:

Formerly the PJ Kafe, I am now expanding my "menu items." I have been sewing for almost 25 years and making clothes for kids and infants is my favorite. I created this site for us to raise money for our upcoming China adoption. I guess you could say that I needed something to keep me busy while we wait! 

Dawn Shelton, who is the founder of Flip Flop Fleet--a cause you blogger readers have helped me with before!--is selling her CD. It's fantastic, believe me, I have ordered it already and plan to give one as a gift too! Check it out at Dawn's Music Site
 

Blog Designs at Lady In Waiting-- Becky will design a beautiful blog for you, and all proceeds go toward their second adoption.


Cute T-Shirts for sale at This Journey.



 Over at Red Thread Stitches, Robin is raising funds to bring Mia Hope home from China. She is a beautiful doll with a few medical issues. I commend people bringing home "special needs" children!

Robin makes adorable childrens outfits. And I do mean adorable. I am particularly in love with this one. She is also currently holding a raffle for a $500 shopping spree. So head on over to visit this great site!




Laura is creating photo Christmas cards from your own photo. They are unique and beautiful! Check it out right here.

1 comment:

Laura Lu said...

sure i'd love for you to spread the word about my fundraiser for my sister's adoption. thanks so much for doing this! this is an awesome post, carlee!!! :)