Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Challenge, Day 20

20. Teaching. I have accepted, finally, that I am a natural teacher. I'm not saying I am necessarily good! But I am saying that I do it without thinking. I love to teach, and I have opportunities to do tons of it! I teach my kids, obviously, and in a way they think is fun. We don't own a single textbook--everything is done through great literature and hands on experiments. I teach a writing class to high schoolers, and have 2 requests to teach it for pay next semester! I teach through grading papers in my comments and corrections. I teach at CBS by being well prepared in my lesson and sharing what I have learned. Apparently I teach more than that, maybe even in my sleep. This is a way God has gifted me, others find it useful, and I feel thankful for the opportunity to share what I know.

1 comment:

Grandma Cyndi said...

You havbe been teaching for a very long time, and doing it well. A love of teaching is a gift we share; it gives me great pride to see you excell at something I have loved all my life too. (Don't forget soccer, your team has learned fundamentals that have propelled them forward in a short few months).