Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Randomness...with some funnies at the end

I painted today, with Mckenna. She threw away 2 drawings/paintings before completing them. I feel so bad...she totally inherited my perfectionist gene, and my self-critiquing gene. She was trying to paint some difficult stuff, but her frustration got the best of her, so I let her throw them out.

I, on the other hand, kind of liked my painting. I might even frame it and hang it. We will see.

-------------------

Speaking of painting, I bought spray paint to refinish some furniture. Now, I realize how redneck that sounds, but hang on a minute.
1. The furniture is already painted, and it would take more time than I have to strip the paint--and who knows what is actually underneath.
2. Our room (the whole house, actually) has large white walls. We need some color!
3. I have a plan, and have done some research, and I think it will turn out well.

--------------------

We are busy, busy, busy.

We had something going on every night last week, and this week is the same.

The kids have noticed. They like most of our activities--though not all. I feel like telling them: Just wait until school, soccer, and AWANA start...then you will see busy!

--------------------

A Gabe-ism for you, just because.

Mom: Gabe, looks like this book is for you!
Gabe: Mom! What's that book? It looks like a Bible story!
Mom: Yep, it sure is!
Gabe: It's, it's...David and Galactica!

...Containing my laughter...


Mom: Yep, sure is buddy. David and Galactica.
Gabe: But mom, why is he so tall?

--------------------------

And, proof that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, a funny Daniel moment.

Context: We have been trying to find various and assorted businesses in our new hometown, and keep our eyes open for places we haven't seen before. As we were driving away from the post office, I saw a building tucked away called Life Bank, with a large red blood drop next to the words.

Me: Hey Babe, I bet that's the blood donation center.

Daniel, instantly: Or a Vampire Store.

I love him.

No comments: