Sunday, June 28, 2009

Not-Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to
her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Let's just get the big stuff over with.

I did not walk straight into a pull-up bar at the park, fall on the ground, and wake up crying. I was not there alone with my kids and a friend of theirs. I did not decide that laying where I landed, on the wood chips, was the best decision, at least for a little while until my vision came back. I did not ignore the probable but never confirmed mild concussion. My eyes and nose are not swollen and a little black and blue.

I did not go with 27 people, including 6 jr. highers and 9 small children, to the beach, in charge of BBQ-ing dinner, and forget the grill, lighter fluid and a spatula.

(Me with a cool jr. higher at the beach)

I did not go to my parents' house for some R&R for 2.5 days only to take 30 phone calls, solve 3 crises, and answer 40 emails. I do not have a problem relaxing.

Glad we got that done with.

I did not come home from my parents' to find out that my husband had swapped the furniture from 2 rooms, including moving light fixtures. He wanted to paint too, but I could not remember the name of the color. He is pretty much amazing.




I did not BBQ chicken the other night only to realize the package and the chicken smelled suspicious, leave the cooked chicken on the BBQ in anger and heat up chicken nuggets instead. The chicken is not still on the BBQ 2 days later. That would be gross.

And I did not dump the bags from my trip to my folks' and from the beach trip in the hallways outside the laundry room thinking I would just do laundry from them, only to trip over them nearly a week later.

That's right, I did not.

1 comment:

{Kimber} said...

I am NOT jealous of your beach time!! the beach is CALLING to me!!!!!! :)
Have a great Monday!