Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Incredible Life

I found this list of 99 things to do in your life. I like it, so I am going to check them off. I plan to tell a story or two here and there, so you will see this list often--check for new stories.  A * next to an item means I have done it! Feel free to copy the list and put it on your own blog. 


Have you ever...

1. Started your own blog*
2. Slept under the stars*
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii*
5. Watched a meteor shower
7. Been to Disneyland/world*
8. Climbed a mountain.*
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris*
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch*
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning*
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight*
22. Given money to a stranger*
23. Slept on a boat*
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Been to all 50 states
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29 Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset*
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33 Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community*
I think I was in about 5th grade. My parents took my brother and me to Maryland to stay with their dear friends for a week or so. We went on a bunch of adventures, one of which was a Pennsylvania Amish community. I have a faceless doll to prove it. And, as a side note, I have developed somewhat of a fascination with the Amish. I have read probably 20 books on the Amish. Is that strange?
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Built a piece of furniture
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing*
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41 Sung karaoke*
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. Visited Africa*
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance*
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris*
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling*
My Aunt took me to Hanauma Bay in Oahu, Hawaii. She taught me the basics, and we swam all over the sheltered cove. We saw a million fish, of all colors, and it was incredible. Then she taught me to dive with the snorkel without taking in water. And we dove with turtles. Wow. I was hooked! We probably went snorkeling everyday the entire 2 weeks I was there. I love it.
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business*
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60 Served at a soup kitchen*
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching*
63. Gotten flowers for no reason*
64 Donated blood, platelets, or plasma
I can't. First I had been to Africa and taken all kinds of malaria and yellow fever medicines. Now, I have had 2 transfusions, so I am disqualified. 
65. Gone sky diving
66 Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67 Learned a New Sport
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial*
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt*
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone*
I need a list: A finger, a hand, the top of a foot, and an ankle.  All playing sports, some requiring casts and crutches. 
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle*
79 Seen the Grand Canyon in person*
80. Published a book 
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car*
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper*
85. Read the entire Bible*
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox*
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous*
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one*
94. Had a baby*
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone*
99. Been stung by a bee*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously...you have never kissed in the rain?