Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Exciting to Me!

Through the generosity of my Grandma, I was finally able to get new cushions for my dining room table chairs. We eat dinner at this table almost every night--it's not a formal dining room table for us. The table and chairs belonged to my great-grandparents, and are an Ethan Allen--they are incredible in quality and looks. I love the table and chairs, but the pads have never been nice. In fact, for the past 6 years I have had denim slip covers on them. And while the slip covers were good quality, when they are washed every week for 6 years, they get a little worn. 

Choosing a fabric was much harder than I expected, and while this fabric was not my first choice in style, we picked it for some good reasons. First off, it's called "Krypton." Yep, like Kryptonite from Superman. It is the fabric used in hospital and doctor's waiting rooms, and each fiber was treated before it was woven, meaning that liquid never absorbs, but sits on top. They are virtually stain proof, can be washed with water and a rag, and just tough overall. I am sure my kids will test all of that to its limit, but I am expecting that it will be a good 20 years before I need to have them recovered. 


My talented mom made slip covers for the kids--and they got to choose their own fabric. The girls picked glittery butterflies

And Gabe picked Cars.
When the chairs are pushed in, all you see is some black ribbon. Well done mom!

No comments: