Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Part Deux

I so love them

 Next time you come over, come fully armed.



Centerpiece

Someone's Hungry

Time to eat


Christmas day was wonderful. We woke up and opened stockings, just the 5 of us. Juli J was going to be here, but went to be with her family in Arrowhead the night before. I made a traditional Finnish dish--we call is Finnish Pancakes, but it's not really a pancake--and we played with new toys. The kids put on their pretty Christmas clothes, and Grandma C, Papa Rob, Grandma Gail and Grandpa Alan got here in time for Homemade Cinnamon Rolls and Coffee. Then, of course the kids opened their gifts. As always they were very spoiled by various relatives. Not that I am complaining, but putting all the new toys away was a bit overwhelming. But I won't get started on my view of American Kids and Materialism, at least not until 2009. :o)

We had a lovely dinner, prepared mostly by my mom, and some by me. She's the best. And we just enjoyed each other and the day. I was tired after dinner,  but not stressed all day, which is just wonderful. Mom made dessert too. Gail and Mom did dishes. I took a little cat-nap on the couch. Told you it was relaxing (you know, for me). 

No comments: