Monday, February 18, 2008

To Clarify

The question I got the most after my Valentine's Hilarity post was, "How could you keep forgetting it was Valentine's Day?" I don't think this is what you all meant, but this is how it went...

As I walked through the mall I noticed a Hallmark store with a very large display of teddy bears and red cards. I thought to myself, "Hmmm, that's odd." Then it hit me, like a ton a bricks...it's Valentine's Day.

20 minutes and 2 stores later, I noticed a very unusual store--it's name was Hearts and all it had was red and pink gifts, mostly bears and balloons. I pondered, "Hmmm...I have never seen a store like that." And then it hit me, like the stench of a stinky diaper...It's Valentine's Day.

I spent a long time in VS. Then the funny incident happened. I was dumbfounded until it hit me, like a bee smashing into a motorcyclist's helmet...it's Valentine's Day.

Immediately following VS, as I left the mall and saw the longest line I had ever seen outside of See's Candy, I wondered if they were having a huge sale. Then it hit me....yeah, you get it.


That's how it works. It's why I read books over and over and over, it's why I can watch the same movie more than once and still be surprised. It's why I check my facts with my husband before giving answers to questions like, "Were you there at...?" or "Have you seen...?"


Call it a gift, call it a curse, but my memory for unimportant things is non-existent past about 3.5 seconds.

No comments: