Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Mighty

Today was one of those days when I found myself on my knees with a fresh realization of how amazing God is. So many things had be orchestrated today and they all were. I am being vauge on purpose, because I am not really talking about my own life, and I want to respect privacy of others. But, this song has been in my head for weeks, the chorus goes like this: Savior, He can move the mountains, my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save. Forever, Author of salvation. He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave. My last 2 posts were about our trip to the mountains, and Melissa found the mountains awe-inspiring, her kids found them intimidating and beautiful, and I must admit they felt like home, comfort to me. But God is powerful enough that those same mountains He spoke into existence He could move or level in an instance. When you are standing beneath them that is an outrageous thought, and yet, I saw today that His power and His love are boundless.
If you know what I am talking about, you understand those days when God's love and power and grace are like new--incredible and sweet, humbling and enpowering. If you don't know what I am talking about and you want to knw, just ask.

No comments: