Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday Happenings, part 1

Christmas Chaos Joy officially began last week, and like the 300 essays I graded the previous three weeks, some days it kicks my tail and some days I conquer. You did not know it was necessary to conquer Christmas? Now you know. Dan thinks life is much more worth living if you can say, "I won today." 

My friend Rebecca and I are attempting pre-school with our little ones. I say "attempting" because it has been a less than consistent endeavor, largely because of me. But in the spirit of the holidays, we decided to get together and make cookies with four children ages 4.5, 3.5, 2.5, 1.5. 

Good-bye homemade, hello Betty Crocker.

It went...well...how you might imagine it would go. A lot of laughter, a few tears, a pound of flour on the floor, half a pound of flour on Juliana, sticky fingers, smiling faces, and sugar-high children. That equals success in my eyes. 


Gabe and Sam, ready to roll.

Juliana kept on rolling...even when there was no dough.


Tasting is as much fun as decorating.


There is a cookie under all those sprinkles, I promise.


So cute!

We won.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What a fun day this was! Thanks for always fitting us in amidst the "joy" of your life. Your pics came out so cute! I would love to have the one of Sam and Gabe and Sam with his sprinkle cookie. I'll send you mine asap!